2019 Spring Puppy Picnic
SUNDAY MARCH 24, 2019 IS THE DATE for our Annual Puppy Picnic!
Join us on SUNDAY, MARCH 24, 2019 for our annual SPRING Puppy Picnic! We will have EYE & HEART Clinics! Fun Contests! Member Fun Match! Junior Handling Class! AKC Canine Good Citizen/Community Canine Citizen Testing, Food, Fun & more!
Where: The home of Bart & Linda Whitmire, Conyers GA
Time: 11am to 5pm
Fun Contests are $1 each, Member Match classes are $5 each, Health clinics prices are $35 each (total $70 for both heart & eyes for 1 dog), everything else is FREE!
Member Match information: If you have an AKC major pointed cavalier, you can show them in the Match as "Exhibition Only". You cannot compete for Best in Match; however, we will be judging all the 'Exhibition Only" entries and select the "Best Exhibition Only"!
Health clinics: Please plan to be there at 11am so we can ensure everyone can be seen. Cash or check only OR you may prepay on our club's website by clicking HERE. You will be sent a receipt to bring to prove prepayment at the picnic.
All the Details about the Picnic are HERE!
Make plans to attend this wonderful event! Everyone is invited to attend members & non-members alike.
The Club provides the hamburgers and hot dogs, drinks, plates, utensils, napkins, cups! You provide a dish to share!
Some of the planned events for the day:
- Low cost health clinics! - Eyes & Hearts at $35 each* (total both heart & eye for one dog is $70) CASH OR CHECK ONLY AT THE PICNIC OR PREPAY ONLINE
- A Member's Fun Match - this is a $5 class entry fee per cavalier.
- Jr. Handling Class - FREE
- AKC Canine Good Citizen (CGC) and (CGCA) Testing by Alice Alford - FREE
- Fun Contests with prizes for members and non-members to participate in! $1 for each entry
- Fabulous FOOD! We will provide hamburgers & hot dogs, drinks & chips, please bring a dish to share!
- Wonderful social time and of course...all those beautiful CAVALIERS!
* these items require additional forms that must completed the day of the picnic. OFA Heart forms and OFA Eye forms will be available at the clinic. Pets participating in the clinics will not need all the AKC registration numbers, etc. If you are a breeder be sure to bring the appropriate paperwork to complete the forms.
Set up for the event will be Saturday and Linda would appreciate help in setting up the field. If you can help, please contact Linda Whitmire
Health Clinic information:
Cardiologist: Dr. Darlene Blischok-Lapekas , DVM, DACVIM (cardiology)
Opthamologist: Dr. Stacey Andrew DVM, MS, DACVO, DACVIM (opthamology)
Each clinic will cost $35 per dog. (For example, if you have one dog for hearts and eyes the total cost will be $70)
MEMBERS FUN MATCH JUDGE TBA
What you will need to bring:
- a chair to sit on (we will be outside in an open field)
- a dish to share with everyone for the food table & serving utensils
- water bowl for your cavalier & any treats or food for them if needed
- xpen, crate or leash for your cavalier (just cannot let your cavalier run loose!)
- blanket if needed for ground cover
- bug repellent (if the bugs are nasty)
- completed paperwork for heart clinic
- this is an open field so be mindful of ticks if your dog does not use tick preventative
Payment Options for Health Clinics
Participating in the Health Clinics?
You can now prepay for the clinics two different ways OR pay at the picnic!
1. Pay online using our safe secure store! You will be charged a $1.50 convenience fee to cover the Paypal processing fee. Once you have paid online, check in at the picnic registration table.
2. Prepay using our form and mailing in the form and check to be received by March 30, 2018 to our club treasurer. All information is on the form. Once you have mailed in your payment, please check in at the registration table at the puppy picnic. Go to the online payment store page (see link below) to download the form.
3. No pre-registration required. Sign up and pay at the picnic. Cash or Check only.
Click HERE to go to the online payment store!